Saturday, July 07, 2007

By The President's Logic

I have a neighbor who had his croonies on the township board change the zoning laws to allow his bankrupt business to operate from his home, causing a HUGE industrial eyesore on the neighborhood. It wouldn't be that bad if he ever cleaned up his yard, got the rusting metal off the ground, or, at the very least, put up a fence, but he won't do any of that. We have a lot of kids in our neighborhood, and because it's adjacent to the property, I'm constantly telling the kids to stay away from there or they'll get hurt.

Our President went to war with an entire nation because he thought they might hurt us. Why can't we sue the neighbor because we think the kids might get hurt on his property? If they do, we can sue him for it being an attractive nuisance anyway, so why do we have to wait until someone gets hurt? Shouldn't we be able to force him to clean up his property (which will severely hurt the environment) and put a fence up (so that the kids can't get over there) just like the President was able to invade Iraq so that Saddam wouldn't be able to destroy his own country with nuclear weapons and hurt his own people?

8 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Lawsuits.

It's the American way.

Psychomikeo said...

Why is it that ppl are so fast to use "children" as a tool to control others?

You could do a false flag accident... wink wink nug nug, ya know what I mean.

daveawayfromhome said...

by the president's logic, you and your neighbors can get together, rent some heavy equipment, bulldoze and clean out the property, and shoot the neighbor in the bargain. Why? Because Might Will Make Right.

United We Lay said...

Daniel,
Many are frivolous. I was just trying to make an analogy that would work for those still holding out on the Iraq war.

Psycho,
Because it's something everyone can relate to. No one wants to see a kid get hurt, so they use them as a tool. I guess adults could wander over there and get hurt, but it seems a lot less likely.

Dave,
I had to change the name of the post. What you wrote sounded better. I guess we could do all that, but I was looking for a legal way to do it, but if we look at our government, we're living in a pretty lawless society.

Psychomikeo said...

"No one wants to see a kid get hurt"
I guess you've never seen America's Funny Home Videos.

United We Lay said...

Good point. No one wants to see their own kid get hurt.

Laura said...

I dunno... there's plenty of kids I've met that I'd love to see take a header over a pile of scrapiron. It might do them some good. I don't like the use of "for the children" for everything too.

Is there a way you can lobby to change the zoning laws back? Can you call the State or local EPA branch - that's got to be an environmental hazard.

United We Lay said...

Laura,
I think it is, and I think I'll call them and see what I can do.